Post is part of my collection: EntreFEST 2015
Keynote. Things I believe to be unarguably true.
Geek entrepreneurs have a special place in my heart as well, that is what I am. To kick off EntreFEST 2015, we all listened to Ben Milne of Dwolla talk about “Things I believe to be unarguably true”.
- Never say "shame on you" to someone who is making money from an idea you had in your head. "Shame on you" for being the one who didn't take action on it.
- Travel. Travel well. Travel alone.
- We're all critics of everything.
- Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy. Take ideas from places and put them together to create value.
- Write as often as you talk. For all of your thoughts, write it down and just don't publish it. When you talk to others, they just nod and smile. Write and your ideas will come to you.
- Make a decision. If you don't make a decision, you can't measure it. Just do it and fix it later turns out, life is more forgiving then you think. "I fail every day".
- Watch your rage. Turns out, the things that make you angry are things that you spend the most time on doing something about it. So be careful and pick your battles.
- No one cares you are in Iowa. Show value, build great things and people will come.
- You become the 5 people you spent the most time with.
Subscribe to Live & Learn
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox